Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Ear popping after jumping in water, put drops in ear, applied warm heating pad. Home remedies?

i jumped into the lake today 20 feet above the water as i hit the water i felt my ear pop as i came to surface my hears felt clogged and hurt now 3 hours later I m in excruciating pain, it hurts to lay down or even tilt my head to drain my ear. I ve tried to put drops in my ear, put warm heating pad to ear, tried standing on one foot and shaking my ear to try to drain, nothing worked is there any kind of home remedies to help until I m able to get into see my doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  806
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Kdee,
Thanks for query,
It seems that you might have injury or bruise on your tympanic membrane producing this type of pain.
Try to clean the water from the ear.
Put some antibiotic drops.
Take pain reliever tablet for relief of pain.
Consult your doctor and get ear examined.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor