Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Ear pain, white spot in ear. Has ear tubes. Help?

my daughter is 8.5 yrs and she was complaining of ear pain. i looked in her ear and there seems to b a white spot in her ear. she has had many issues with her ears starting when she was 4 months old and she eventually had to have ear tubes . is this something i should let go and just treat the pain or do i need to bring her to the doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Whenever a child has tubes in the ear there is always a chance of infection and this possibility should always be considered.
In most of the cases the infection will be mild and a course of antibiotics will usually do.
Also when the discharge comes out through the narrow opening of the tube a some amount of pain is usually expected.

Having mentioned all this i would still suggest you to meet your ENT so that you do not have any doubt and you can have a piece of mind.

Also in future remember that the number one cause of infection of the ear having tube is the entry of water into the ear so whenever you give head bath to your child make sure that water does not go inside.

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor