Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Ear pain, on antibiotics, hearing difficulty, numbness of face near ear

i am 18 years old and i have had problem with my right ear and i have had a record of ear ache problems which are usualy treated with antibiotics . i have never feal that my ear has been working properly and recently i have exsperiance the start of an ear ache so i consulted my gp and aquired the prescribed anti-biotics but! i am exsperiancing a wide numbness on the right half side of my face around the ear from the top of my head down the side all the way down to my neck . could some one exsplain this? and suggest what to do next? thank you
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  224
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
With the information provided by you it appears that you may be having Chronic sinus infection and numb feeling around your right ear is due to Eustachian tube block (connecting tube between back of nose and ear to help equalize pressure on either side of ear drum) and is secondary to sinus infection.
More information like if you have any nose problems, any phlegm (mucus) coming back to your throat and its colour, any nose block, how frequently you needed to take antibiotic etc would have helped in making accurate diagnosis.
When you pass your hand on both sides from hairs down over your ears, you don't hear that sound made by it (you can compare it to your other side). You feel this is numbness but if you check you can still feel sensation of touching your Rt ear.
If there is chronic sinus infection, frequent exacerbation of it makes the need to take antibiotic repeatedly. Your ear ache may be caused by sinus infection itself or due to inflammation in the lymph glands below ear appearing as if the pain is in that ear.
You may need to get a CT scan of sinuses. After that you may need a longer course of antibiotic or if CT scan shows block and significant disease, sinus surgery may be required
You please show to an ENT specialist who can examine you and determine the disease causing these symptoms and treat you appropriately.
Wish you good health
Answered: Thu, 3 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor