Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Ear pain, bleeding after using Q-tip. Should she be checked?

Hi! I was cleaning my 4 year olds ear with a Q-tip and she jerked her head up. She then proceeded to scream and cry that it went too far in, and that its hurting. She calmed down quick, and says it hurts a LITTLE bit and when I tried to see if there was any blood , there was a tiny bit. Should I bring her in to the local hospital to get her canal checked out?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  438
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello tracie.leleu,

Welcome to the forum. Since your daughter is just 4 years of age you should get her examined by a doctor. It will be better for her to get her ear canal and ear drum( tympanic membrane) checked up. If there are any findings she may require an audiometry test. If needed she can be treated with the appropriate medications or ear drop.

Ear is a very delicate organ. The structure of the ear is such that it does not require any forceful cleaning. The dust and wax come out by themselves. If there is any problem like itching, difficulty in hearing or other discomfort it should be examined by an ENT specialist and treated.

Try not to be fidegity with ears. Have a good day, take care.
Answered: Fri, 28 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor