Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Ear injury, pain around triangular fossa, crux of helix, antihelix, swelling. Medical attention needed?

Hi, I got accidently hit on my outer ear when practicing sports today. I can t tell if it s swollen or so, but it hurts pretty much. If I d locate the pain I d say it s around the triangular fossa, crus of helix and antihelix, using this picture as template: WWW.WWWW.WW Will my ear get better? Or do I need to visit a real life doctor to examine it?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  864
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Trauma to the ear can be painful. I would like to know whether this was a sharp , or a blunt object which hit you . Assuming this was blunt trauma , swelling would be there , and pain over the Pinna will persist for a few days at least. you need to start taking a painkiller , and a serratiopeptidase ( to bring down the swelling ) . If it is a mild trauma , the pain should settle in a few days

If the swelling is increasing , or part of your ear is feeling boggy -- it may indicate a collection of blood ( a hematoma ) , and should not be ignored -- you should visit a local ENT doctor.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any further queries
Answered: Sun, 20 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor