Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Ear infection with chest pain and nose congestion

Hi, I am a male, 26 years old. I have already been to the ENT . I went because I was feeling some pain in my ears, and I thought it would be better to get it checked. ENT told me that I have a lot of wax in my ears, and after cleaning it, he said that I have something called glue ear he cleaned my ears, gave me medication and toldme to see him after a week. He prescribed Zertec to dry up my nose, he gave me something i spray in my nose and told me it helps the congestion that is in my nose, and also he prescribed an anti-biotic. I went by the medication and I actually got better, and went back after a week and he said after testing me that I am better. After around 10 days, my ears started to itch me a lot! I went back to him, and he just looked inside and said that it is funjigated. He prescribed some cream, an anti-inflamatory medication, and I had also mentioned to him my chest was hurting, so he tested and said I had an infection in my chest. So he also prescribed me an anti-biotic (ciprodar). Now I have travelled, and I am really very very worried and I am worried that it will get worse and I will lose my hearing abilities! Right now, I feel my ears are somwhat blocked, they itch sometimes, they hurt sometimes, I ocasionally get a runny nose, soar throat . I am currently not taking any medication. Also to mention, if I go back, I have had some very minor pain in my chest, it would come for like 4 or 5 seconds, then go away, and I would get as well pain in the upper part of my nose for 4 or 5 seconds as well as my ear ocassionally. This lasted for about 2 or 3 months before I went to the doctor . I really hope I gave enough details, and I really hope someone can help advise me very soon. Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
In the first instance the fungus has to be cleared off from your ear or it will be really bothersome. Regarding your chest pain, it seems to be gastritis. Avoid taking medicine which will aggravate this. Drink plenty of water, do steam inhalation and get a thorough check up done by a good ENT specialist.
Take care

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor