Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Ear infection, sports injury to ear, increased pressure, bleeding, soft wax discharge. Treatment?

HI, I had an ear infection last week, I used some drops in it and seemed to be getting better. I played football yesterday and headed the ball, however it hit that ear. I think it covered the whole ear and caused a vaccuum which then increased the pressure in my ear very quickly. It now hurts a lot and is bleeding . The wax is very gooey and soft and mixed with the blood . Is this serious?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum

I would suggest you to consult your doctor at the earliest. The probability of rupture of the ear drum can not be ruled out. If there is a perforation of the eardrum the treatment required is cleaning the canal and keeping it dry and out of infection.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Answered: Mon, 10 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor