Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Ear holes with pus and blood after ear piercing. What can be done?

I'm 22 years old. I got my first ear piercing about 4 months ago. I have been having issues with them lately and take the earrings out completely to clean the holes with the solution and clean the earrings with hydrogen peroxide. Today, I took a look and the left one is tight and has pus and blood the right one has blood and I had trouble getting the earring back in. The left one I did not take out to the right one having trouble. What should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
You should be allergic to the foreign material, which is the ear ring, which has certainly been infected by normal skin bacteria. Its important to clean around the infected area especially now. I suggest you sue some anti septics fluid like Povidone to clean this ear area. Anti inflammatory drugs in case of pain or persistent inflammation might be required , like Ibuprofen to control these symptoms. Ascertaining quantity of pus draining might also require prescription of an antibiotic. In case, it becomes really serious or persistent, consulting your primary care physician could be very useful.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor