Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Ear getting clogged repeatedly. Had it flushed out. What is the cause and remedy?

I have my ear clogged. I went to a clinic where the doctor flushed it out and got some stuff out that looks like cotton or paper. My ear felt better so I thought the problem was fixed. Like two to three days later it got very plugged again. I went to the hospital because it was scaring me. The doc flushed out my ear again and a big piece of white thick stuff came out again. I thought that had to be it, but again two days later it got plugged again. my ear is plugged as i'm typing, I flush it out myself and I keep getting white paper looking stuff out. I can't stand it any more its been over a month already! I'm going to an ENT on friday, I just wish I could get some relief till then.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to h.c.m.

I have gone through your query regarding recurrent plugging of your ear and every time on syringing it white paper like material comes out and you feel better but just after 2 or 3 days you again develop the same problem.

Your story indicates that you are having OTOMYCOSIS . This is a fungal infection, iwould like to tell you that you should consult an E.N.T. specialist to get proper cleaning and treatment.

Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor