Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Ear feels clogged, full of water. Used swimmers ears drops, regular chiropractic adjustments. Suggest?

My boyfriend has problems with his right ear about every 2-3 months. He says the ear feels like it's full of water, but no draining has occured with regular chiropractic adjustments and swimmers ear drops have no effect either. With this feeling fo water in his ear, he says that he hears an echo sometimes and other times sounds are so muffled he cannot even hear them. Any suggestions or ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hearing one own sound louder is known as Autophony .
This occurs because of fluid filling in middle part of ear behind the drum.
There is a tube connecting middle part of ear and back of nose which prevents this happening.
this could be because of some allergy.
you can take----
Tab. Mucinac 600 once daily
Tab. Ebastine/Loratidine +Phenylephereine /pseudoephedrine twice daily
Xylometazoline nose drops 2 drops both nostril 2 times a day for 5 days only
Physiomer normal saline nasal spray 2 puffs both nostril 2 times a day
follow up after 5 days.
Answered: Sat, 13 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor