Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Ear drum injury, have perennial rhinitis, impaired hearing, Eustachian tube blocked. Laparoscopy surgery?

Sir I want to know whether there is any leparoscopic surgery for eardrum 75% of left ear drum has beenn damaged.I had initially small hole some ten years back but I did not opt for surgery .further my right ear retracts very often and estauchen tube remains blocked most of the year
I also suffer from perennial rhinitis.I can hardly read due to ear problems.furthermore I am sensitive to allergens and fear that surgery may be more bad for me as the nerves are close to much time will surgery take and how many days I will have to rest.since I am student I have not enough time..also sir I have lost much hearing in left ear and a little bit in right ear.will surgery correct it.sir please tell me which hospital will be best in north India for the operation
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding perforation in ear drum and loss of hearing. As you are saying that your 75% of left ear drum is damaged and now you are hardly hearing any more from your left ear.

Your problem may be solved by surgery , if on investigation you were found as a case of conductive deafness than result of operation will be excillent. For your kind information I would like to tell you as you have asked about endoscopic ear surgery, it is not done anywhere, actually we all ent surgeons are doing ear surgery by microscope named as microscopic ear surgery.

Now a days ear surgery are performed by external canal approach, in this method entire operation is performed through ear canal and no post aural incision is given. I am routinely doing this type of surgery. This needs only one day hospitalization and total recovery takes place in one weeks time.

Don't worry consult your ENT doctor and get yourself examined and investigated to plan out for operation.

Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor