Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Ear bud stuck in ear. Specialist unable to remove it. Will it cause infection?

Good morning sir, I found your profile as an ENT surgeons group , so decided to seek your help.. I hope you will allow me to clarify a medical condition of mine...The problem is this: An ear bud (cotton ) stuck in my right ear, two days before. though i consulted a specialist, he couldnt take it out..Will it cause any infection if it stays there? or will it come out of its own?I felt scary upon seeing the instruments doctor used, so i wish to avoid further checks., but little bit worried ,that it may cause any problem.....Plz help me by giving the right information on whether i should consult a doctor again?.. Thanking you .
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  378
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,
I know it may be scary to see the instruments which ENT surgeons use but believe me in good hands they are the safest.
In any case you must get the bud removed as it will definitely cause infection and also foreign body reaction.
If you are anxious you can ask your doctor to give a mild sedation or even anesthesia while removing
If you need further help get back to me, I have removed close to four thousand such foreign bodies!

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor