Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Each time i have sex, i feel like urinating. Cause ? Treatment ?

April 5, 2013
Hi my name is Tiffani and am 39 years old. I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years and we do not use any contraceptives. We have sex 5x a week if not more. But only recently did the following start to happen: After sex I will have to urinate but as soon as am finished let me stress AS SOON AS I AM FINISHED I will have to urinate again. So I sit back down I feel a tingling sensation and the urge to urinate AGAIN. So I wait and then only a little bit comes out. So as soon as i am done with round 2 it happens all over again. Round 3. Round 4. Round 5. Round 6. Yes, I am on round 6 and would like to know what it might be or what you recommend. It's never happened before but this is the 2nd time its happened this week.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
I can understand your situation. I appreciate your effort to seek online support.

Since you have increased frequency of urination after sexual intercourse and that too without contraceptive measures, it might be you have some Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) which is quite common in such cases. I advise you to get your urine culture done.
Secondly, use of a contraceptive is strongly recommended as it prevents against such infections and other sexually transmitted infections.
However, consult a gynaecologist for detailed work up and rule out any other possibility.
Hope it helps
Good luck
Dr. Gourav Monga
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, it appears that you could have developed a genito-urinary infection. The symptoms could be getting aggravated after intercourse, which could be the reason for having the difficulty in passing urine immediately after sex.

I would advise you to consult a gynecologist for a physical examination and further investigations such as a urine test. Further treatment will depend on the likely cause detected. Meanwhile keep drinking plenty of water; you can also try drinking cranberry juice, which is a natural urinary antiseptic.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor