ESR value 28 in Blood test result

Hi, My Brother recently done his physical. He is 33 years old and his blood result shows an ESR value 28. What could be the reason ?
Mon, 24 Oct 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Elevated ESR is seen in many conditions, raised ESR alone is not significant or its not any diagnostic criteria. It is only a prognostic indicator.
So there is no need for you to worry.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
HI well come to HCM.
ESR is non specific test and done to get supportive evidance for particular condition
Raised ESR if very high favours conditions like tubeculosis,malignancy,rheumatoid arthritis
rheumatic fever etc.It is also done to see reactivatios of diseased coditions like tubeculosis.If your brother has no physical complain now forget the test. Thanks
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
hi,thanks for query.ESR can be raised in hundreds of conditions,rather then indicating any disease it self ,it helps in judging the response to treatment and along with other reports it helps in diagnosis.Only raised ESR in the absence of any complaints and other reports normal,does not carry any significance.
wishing him good health.