EPI in pregnancy. Is it OK?

I had an epidural steroid injection at 5 wks pregnant. I just found out I was pregnant about a week after. Will the xrays hurt the baby? The doctor said I was exposed for 5-6 seconds. 

Wed, 30 Nov 2011
welcome to healthcaremagic
radiation in early conception period has greater harmful effect
better consult your doctor and discuss pros and cons and follow advice
hope everything be allright
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

Yes it has the potential to hurt the baby, but the chances are less. You will henceforth need screening Ultrasound scans/Risk scans to detect any abnormalities that might have occured.

Recent questions on Regional anesthesia

EPI in pregnancy. Is it OK?

welcome to healthcaremagic radiation in early conception period has greater harmful effect better consult your doctor and discuss pros and cons and follow advice hope everything be allright