Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

EKG shows mild anterior infarction. scheduled for cardialogist. Stress done. Infarction from shoulder to sternum.

I had a mild anterior infarction about a month ago. i didn't seek medical treatment at the time even though my wife was persistent. I Promised her that if i still felt some effects that i would see a doc. Well I was experiencing soreness in my chest the next day and so I went into see a Doc as promised and she did an EKG on me and not only told me I had,had a mild infarction (heart Attack) but showed me. She scheduled me to see a cardiologist a week later. I didn't get to see that cardiologist because i started to get chest pain and my wife made me go to the ER where they flew me from the small hospital to a larger one with a cardiac wing and they perform a stress test and told me my heart was fine and so after they released me I canceled my appointment with the cardiologist. since then My chest pain has been getting worse. I am experiencing on and off chest pain every day multiple times a day. the chest pain is not the same as what i felt with the mild infarction up until last night and the discomfort is mild but has persistent. i still have it today in my left shoulder to my sternum. I am supposed to see a cardiologist on Monday because I have not found out why I had the mild infarction in the first place. my question is how long does the chest hurt AFTER a heart attack? and do you have any ideas of why a person might have one? I am 32 in decent shape. I have a lot of family history of heart attacks. a brother who had 2 in his 20s and 2 in his 30s. I also have an uncle who has 4 before he was 50, a grandmother who died of massive heart attack and an aunt who died of one as well. My grandfather also had heart problems and carried nitro with him every where he went. all of that history is on my Dads side of the family. all of my family has told me its do to our thick blood. my younger brother has to boys and both of them are hemophiliacs with no symptoms and the docs think its from our naturally thick blood. the boys got it from there mother.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need investigations

     The ‘mild heart attack’ may be questionable?
     Have a TMT (Treadmill Exercise ECG) with thallium isotope. It is the ideal non-invasive way to evaluate ischemia / to assess the PHYSIOLOGY (function) – to see whether the blood arriving at the heart muscle.
     If there is a suggestion, the next step is to see the ANATOMY (structure) – undergo catheterisation and coronary angiography with a view for possible intervention. It is the only way to directly ‘see’ the block, if any – and its location, extent, severity and so on. Coronary arteriography is invasive but it is the gold standard for this.
     It may be non-cardiac pain? See an Internist – Thoracic spine and Chest CT scans may be needed…

Aggressive management of risk factors will help in the long term

Take care     
Wishing all well
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 16 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor