Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

ECG showed trace of mitral regurgitation. No murmurs heard. Am I having any problem?

I had an echocardiogram two weeks ago which says Trace of mitral regurgitation , not thought to be significant . After the echo test, the cardiologist listened to my heart and heard no murmurs . Does this mean I am definitely fine? As I did the echo for Canadian immigration purpose, I am also worried as to how the above quote will be interpreted.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi aritaki7,
Mild mitral regurgitation(MR) in echocardiogram may be present in many people and it is harmless most of the times. since you are asymptomatic I think there wont be any problem due to this unless MR increases in severity. You should have regular follow up for monitoring the severity of MR and if it increases in severity prompt action has to be taken.
With regards,
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor