Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

ECG report states possible left atrial enlargement. Should be concerned ?

Good afternoon, I recently (yesterday), received my first ECG test. The internal medicine doctor at northwestern (chicago), said all looks great. However, after looking at the printout he gave me, it states possible left atrial enlargment borderline ECG Is this something I should be concerned about? I guess I should have read the document before I left his office. Thanky ou kindly for your time, and I look forward to your reply. AAAAAA
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Maria,
You should never read the report written on ECG. To read an ECG, it requires high skill and knowledge. You have to co relate many things while reading ECG.
I don't think you have any heart problem. But if the doubt is consistent, 2 D echocardiogram will solve the problem.
All the best.
Answered: Sun, 27 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor