Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Dysfunction Eustachian tubes that stay clogged for months, ear ache on loud noises since sinus infection. How can I get rid of this?

I have dysfunctional Eustachian tubes , when they clog they stay clogged for months at a time, the left ear hurts when I am around loud noises and will go closed even more, this started three years ago after a sinus infection and since, every time I get a sinus infection they clog up. What can I do to keep them from clogging and when they do how can I get them to open. Had several rounds of antibiotics , helps get rid of the infection but does not open my ears, I just have to wait it out. I am 70 years old and did not have any trouble with my ears until three years ago. Had wonderful hearing most of my life, did see a Otolaryngologist two and a half years ago he did test and said I will have to live with it. Any suggestions.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You seem to be having a lot of difficulty with your ears, lets see if we can do something to help you out...

1. Go to the ENT and this time perform a test called the audiometry and impedance so that we can properly diagnose the problem and also this acts like our baseline for further treatment and follow up.
2. Take lots of warm fluids
3. Put some camphor or eucalyptus or menthol in hot steaming water and take steam inhalation twice a day
4. Hold your nose with fingers and close your mouth and either try to blow or swallow with a closed mouth. Do this at least twenty times in a day

hopefully these will help you in some ways

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor