Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Dull pain under left breast near rib cage, sore lump, mass of swollen tissue. History of lumps in breasts. Treatment?

i have an ache and dull pain under my left breast by my rib cage. I felt a sore lump in that area and a mass of what feels like swollen tissue . I do monthly exams. This is the first sore lump that I have ever felt. I had a physical in February. My breasts have always been lumpy because I drink a lot of caffeine. I m calling my doctor first thing Monday morning.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
the possible causes for your symptoms are,
fibroma of the breast which is a benign condition,
the other possibility is some bony mass arising fro rib cage,
you don't worry these are possibilities only,
after getting examined by your doctor and by taking X-ray chest you can find out the actual cause and treatment can be taken accordingly.
take care.
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor