Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Dull pain, swelling below the adam's apple and above the ribs. Suggestions?

I have a dull pain in the area where the thyroid is normally located, about an inch below my Adam s apple and above the rib cage bone depression , but my GP said it was not the thyroid based on a blood test . He gave no cause for the pain when I saw him many months ago. It seems to be getting a bit more swollen on the right side than previously. At age 59, I have no problem eating or swallowing . It s just a constant annoyance. Any thoughts? Thanks. Jim.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  126
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
You could have localized costochondritis or thyroditis.
Although you have normal thyroid profile but still the possibilities of thyroiditis can't be ruled out.
You should consult with internal medicine specialist and should go for thorough check up.
You should take anti-inflammtory medicines for faster recovery.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor