Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Dull pain in throat on the right, periodic discomfort in right ear, freaked out due to family member diagnosed with cancer. How can I ease my head?

Im a 44 year old male physically fit I have a dull localized pain In my throAt on the right side for a while now. It doesnot hurt when I swallow food and I do not have swollen glands. My right ear has some discomfort every now and again. At times I notice some ear discomfort. It s grating at me to the point I m freaking myself out. I ve gone through a death in family that really crushed me and at first I thought it was emotional. My primary doctor prescribed Xanax for anxiety and a 5 day antibiotic which was. COmpleted And o real relief I m to the point that I m over thinking about it due to the my moms recent diAgnosis of esophageal cancer . I m freaked out and it s becoming overwhelming. Any thoughts to ease my head?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello sir,
From the history you give looks like it is oropharyngeal infection which can present this way. And since it had responded to antibiotics it is all the more more favourable for an infection.
So please don't worry too much.
The demise of your mother has clearly disturbed you a lot.
Hope you come out of the mental trauma.
Answered: Thu, 3 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor