Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Dull pain in the top center of the stomach that worsens on eating, heart pain, had gallstones, advised against intake of painkillers

I have a dull pain in the top centre of my stomach just below my rib cage. It feels like I have been punched in the stomach and it gets worse when I eat (i have stopped eating fatty foods as I thought that may be the cause).But i just ate soup (98% fat free) and its got worse. I get a bit of pain to the left in my heartlike pins and needles. I have had gallstones inthe past but at that time I had back pain too. This is been 6 days now. Dr sent me for blood tests today and told me to not take pain kilers.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
The pain you have described appears to be either gastritis or gastric ulcer. That is why every time you eat something you get pain. Have you tried taking any antacids? they may help you to temporarily relieve the pain. Your doctor is right in telling you not to take any pain killers as if there is an ulcer it may worsen or even perforate.
About your gallstones, what treatment did you undergo then? Didn't they remove your gall bladder then?
After your blood tests come back you may need to take an endoscopy test in which they insert a pipe in your stomach through your mouth to see the inner side of your stomach and see if there is any ulcer.
Treatment will depend on the exact problem that will be found. Till then try some antacids.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 19 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor