Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Dull hip and back pain. Taking pain killers. Blood test shows raised LFT. Treatment?

hi. I am 27 years old and female. I have over the past 3 weeks been having pain in my hips which started as a dull ache and got gradually worse, The pain is now in my hip /back and sore. I have been taking anti inflammortries and pain killers which the doctor told me to take. I had a blood test the day I saw the doctor and results have shown the LFT is slightly raised but i am not sure of the statistics. The pain killers have not worked. Is there anything to worry about??
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM.
To answer you correctly, we need to know the LFT values.
Could you post them here?

Have any Xrays of the hip been done?
Please describe the symptoms in greater details like relation to movement, getting up etc.

Please see an orthopaedician if you feel it is bony pain.
You should be seen by a good doctor to get the exact cause.

Keep me posted on your progress.
I would be glad to assist you when needed.

Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Amteshwar Singh's  Response

I would like to ask you if you had any such episode in the past?
and if this is your first episode there can be many causes of such hip pain....
it can be muscular or neural(due to compression of a nerve)
it can also be ischeamic( disruption in blood supply)
to find out the exact cause you need to see your doctor. but I can suggest you that if you have a sedentary life style it can also be a cause because of muscle fatigue.

for any further queries you are most welcome.
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor