Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Due for periods, HPT shows negative. Should you have enough hormone to get a positive result?

Hello, I ve a question about possible pregnancy. My period, which is usually regular, is five days late. I have other symptoms, but two HPTs have shown negative. Ive read alot about there not being enough hormone to register a positive on a test.Could this be the case? Otherwise I m sure I ll just have to wait until I either have a period or a positive test. Would you agree or can I ask my dr to test for me?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
As you have correctly said, the test could be negative if there is not enough hormone , as is the case in very early pregnancy.
So, I would suggest you to repeat the test after about 8-10 days of missed period.
Or if you want definitive answer, then you can go for blood b HCG levels, which is the pregnancy hormone in blood.
Hope this is helpful.
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor