Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Dry vagina, painful, no bleeding, using Xylocaine. Want smooth insertion

Hi...I m 30 year old from bangalore married for 4 months now. Me and my husband are planning for baby but facing lot of problem. We feel that insertion is not smooth and doesn t go completely inside as my vagina is dry and sometimes I stop him because of the pain. We feel that hymen is still not broken as I never saw blood while having sex till now. If he tries to completely insert, its not going inside. We tried using Xylocaine 2% gel but of no use. Could you please suggest anything similar to Xylocaine 2%gel which can make the area numb so that I will not stop him because of the pain and also some artificial and safe gel to apply around vagina for smooth insertion so that hymen can break and I can conceive!
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  970
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

SINCE 4 MONTHS YOU ARE FEELING DRY AND PAINFUL INTERCOURSE. Incomplete rupture of hymen unlikely and blood not necessarily to be seen after hymen rupture.
Your problem may be due to vaginismus or may be due to some vaginal inflammation.
Xylocaine gel will take away the pleasure of your sex relationship. Instead you can use some lubricating gels or jelly like 'LUBIC'.

You consult your Gynecologist she will examine and tell the exact problem and the way to solve vaginismus or vaginal inflammation.

Get well soon and enjoy your marital life.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Praveen Rodrigues's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. I read your problem with interest. As you are from Blore, it may be useful to come across to one of us together as a couple to discuss these issues. More often than not, there is some psychological baggage that causes this vaginismus or dyspareunia. I trust you have had a gynecological examination done in the recent past. If not, that would be the first order of day! Again, rupture of the hymen does not always have to be associated with a lot of blood gushing may be a few spots that have been missed...again merits a gynecology consult. Any K-Y jelly or vaginal lubricant available in the market over the counter at the local pharmacy would suffice. Durex has some interesting products with different flavours & sensory applications that are smooth & of good quality. I am not a great fan of loosely applying xylocaine 2% gel as one could develop vaginal irritation & thereby cause it to be more dry in a way. Since you are newly married & you have been a virgin by all accounts prior to marriage, relaxation & sex techniques/positions would help. Again, one has to ascertain if the husband has any foreskin issues or any ailments causing phimosis & thereby sex is not smooth or perhaps look at more fore-play (if that is not happening enough) as this sometimes by itself is enough & dare say it may be the case with you. Should you require more information, feel free to use our premium features or come across in person to visit.
Wish you both a satisfying sex life & may all your baby planning bear fruitition soon! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor