Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Dry skin on penis, antibiotic and bandaid on sores, white spots due to allergy to band aid adhesive, neosporin and lotramin, Treatment ?

For several weeks, I had dry skin below the head of my penis on the top side. I don t typically use lotion when I masturbate and when my skin gets dry, this happens from time to time. I typically stop masturbating for a few days, lotion the spot, and allow it to heal. Last week, I was having sex with my girlfriend and afterwards, the dry skin cracked and, over the last week, has formed into 3 small open sores. I put a bandaid over it with antibiotic ointment and the bandaid choked off the air supply (and I am mildly allergic to the adhesive in the bandaids) and the skin turned white and the sores got slightly worse. Yesterday, I noticed 4 little tiny popped zits on the head of my penis. They weren t really painful but they did pop open. Today, I had 3 more single spots lower on the shaft of my penis. 2 of them are side by side and have dark centers. They almost look like a spider bite . I squeezed them and they popped and are sore now. I ve been treating this with a combination of neosporin and lotramin wrapped in gauze around my penis. I let it breath for a couple hours when I shower in the evening. I ve been with the same girl for quite a while and I don t suspect that she has anything. I m going to make an appointment with a doctor if it gets any worse. I m holding off because I don t have insurance and am unemployed. I start a new job soon but I am looking for some advice to hold me over until I can get to the clinic . Please advise?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  471
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
hi, you might have a sexually transmitted disease. Kindly consult a urologist, or a dermatologist specializing in treating STDs. Keep the part dry and clean, apply simple cream (eg nivea) twice a day, dont apply antiseptic or other medicines till you consult your doctor. Also get your partner evaluated by a gynecologist as she may also get the same infection. Use protection till you recover. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 22 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor