Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Dry skin on butt crack. Irritation. Done STD. Suggestions?

I have dry skin a the top of my butt crack. It gets dry and irritated and I don't know what to do to make it go away. It comes and it goes but it's frequent. I've recently been tested for every single STD known to man by my family physician and I'm clean as a whistle. Any suggestions? Oh, and how do you go about keeping your butt crack clean? I just use soap and a wash cloth and figure that's the way to go. It's important to wash down frequently there, right?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi thanks for writing here.Dry irritated skin around anal fissures is suggestive of perianal dermatitis.It has number of underlying causes such as bacterial and fungal infections,worm infestations,eczema ,stress releated,etc.You may also get constant itching if you have piles or fissures as secretions oozing out irritate the skin.,Ruling out underlying cause is important in such cases,so it will be better you consult a dermatologist.In any cases it is always important to keep area clean,wash with water and a toilet soap instead of cloth use running water after toilet ,also keep area dry ,otherwise it will lead to fungal growth.You can just take tab.atarax at night and apply steroid antifungal combination for temporary relief.
Answered: Tue, 16 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor