Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Dry skin behind ears, cradle cap, scabs, ear infection, bleeding behind ears. Is it serious?

My 3 month old has dry skin behind his ears, it looks like craddle cap almost but there is also some scabs as well. He has had this for a while but he also has had an ear infection for at least 3 weeks but I dont know if that is related or not. Any ideas on if it is just dry skin or something more serious since there has been some bkeeding behind tge ears.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  478
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi corby
welcome to HCM

ON analysing your symptoms your child seems to be suffering from allergic dermatitis.
your kids ear infection needs to be addressed as early as possible,
some precautionary measures while breast feeding and essentiality of the child burping after each feeding prevents the milk from nasopharyngeal reflux (to cause middle ear infection)
keep us posted

Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor