Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Dry lips. Ultrasound scan shows fatty, enlarged liver. Diet recommendations?

My mother has a problem her lips goes drying on. So she decided to check liver scan.After doing ultrasound scan it is noticed that there is fatty liver and liver enlargement. So what treatment is there for both and what diet whe should proceed? Respected doctor kindly send us a reply. Waiting for your reply.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,

Fatty liver is normally a reversible condition . It can get back to normal, however , it takes time.
Main thing to do is avoid fatty food, fresh cream, oily, deep fried food. Have low fat milk, low fat curd etc. If over weight do try and lose weight gradually. Avoid alcohol. Regular exercise 30-45 minutes a day 5 days a week is a must.

Please visit a physician for further evaluation (cholesterol, sugar levels, liver function tests etc).

Hope this helps.

Dr. Divya Kuttirkishnan
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor