Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Dry heave, back pan. Kidney stones or pregnant?

i think that i may either have kidney stones or may be pregnant . about a week after my last menstration i started to dry heave and a week after that i noticed i had back pain where my kidneys would but only on my right side and the pain radiated to the side this has been going on for 3 days now should i go to my regular health care physician or go to my gynecologist?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You can differentiate between two conditions. If you are pregnant, then there should be history of missed period ,at least one period missed. You will start to have naucea, breast tenderness, fatigue. Here in this case, after one week of last period you can not decide on whether you are pregnant or not; as ovulation itself occurs on 12-14 days of starting previous cycle.
So as you are having back pain radiating to sides, you can refer to general physician. After doing USG diagnosis can be made.
Take care.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor