Dry, cracking, and sometimes bleeding patch of skin on lower

Dry, cracking, and sometimes bleeding patch of skin on lower half of inside of thumb for six weeks. Have tried A&D ointment, plain petroleum jelly, polysporin, skin crack cream, or new skin liquid bandage at different times, both bandaged and unbandaged, without success. I use rubber gloves to wash dishes, but have to wash hands frequently. Saw a wound doctor who suggested A&D and to leave it uncovered and dry when possible but no change in 10 days. Skin is very tight and recracks easily. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tue, 23 Oct 2018