Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Dry cracked hoarse voice after chest infection, hasn't got better, 85 yrs old. What to do ?

hi my mother is 85 she had a chest infection a year ago when her voice became dry cracked and hoarse. she stopped smoking then. since then her voice is now very very bad. its agony to even listen to her. she has no pain. she wont go to the doctors and is convinced he will hospitalise her and she will die. what can I do for her thankyou AAAA
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiologist 's  Response
It is sad that your mother is sick and not willing to see a doctor.
One should never miss a potentially treatable condition - she must be seen
Smoking and age may suggest bad things - but small things like a polyp should not be missed -
She has to see a doctor. It is our duty to convince her and show to a doctor. Don't we take a child, even if the child refuses?
Of course, even if doctors see, there are instances when they may not be able to help at times.
But it is better to convince her and convince ourselves that the best has been done and nothing curable is missed
Wishing her speedy recovery
Good luck

Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor