Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Dry cough, sore throat. Safe to fly?

I flew to Florida almost three weeks ago. I got a small sunburn and I got into the pool where the water was to cool for what I have been use to. I came back home, worked one day and was out sick with chills and a fever . I returned to work this past Monday and Tuesday I started coughing. It comes and goes with some mucas discharge . Most of the time it is just a hacking dry cough which has made my throat sore. I am to fly out early tomorrow to NV to train new personal. Is it safe for me to fly. Don t get me wrong I always try everything before I go to a Doctor. I am a 50 year old lady, not sick much, but when I do get sick I am sick. So is it safe to fly
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

In view of details I don't think there should be anything stopping you from flying.You can undertake routine sore throat treatment and cough syrup for cough.

Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor