Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Dry cough. Seen pulmonary specialist. Why does it happen?

we live in barbados,my son has a dry cough for over 20yrs,he is 28,,,,he has seen the ent and pulmonary specialist,,,all types of test were down,all came back negative,,the only time he doesn t cough is when he is lying soon as he gets up,the cough begin,,,sometimes in the space of one hour,i would count 50 coughs. we are at a lost,its very frustrating,,,can you please help.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Makaliadenny,
Thanks for query.
As you have consulted Pulmonologist and all tests are normal, it indicates that it might be due to some allergy.
Try to find out allergen and elevate it.
Important is that he should go for deep respiratory breathing exercise daily 10 minutes in the morning and evening.
Use Spirometer for deep breathing exercise.
This will help a lot.
OIk and bye.
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor