Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Dry cough, Hb 10.4,Penidure injection?

I am mother of 2 1/2 yrs old son, he is having dry coughing problem for 4-5 months till now. after a long diagonosis process my pead. doctor suggested for Injection Penidure 6 lacs to be given after each 21 days for 3 months. I want to know for what purpose these injections are used? All the tests are done for my child TB test is -ve. All the blood tests are done and normal only heamoglbin is low that is 10.4. Chest x-ray - Pneumonitis region.
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  108 Awaiting Answer
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Penidure LA is penicillin injection which is an antibiotic used to cure various infection. The doctor must have diagnosed some infection in which micro-organism was susceptible to this antibiotic. As you said that there was this was the clear cut indication of penidure.

Best wishes
Answered: Tue, 29 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor