Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Dry cough. Chest x-ray shows haziness in lower lung. Prescribed antibiotics. Lung infection?

Hi Doctor.For the last 20-25 days, I am having dry cough . No fever. I did the chest x-ray and it says Haziness found in right lower lung para-cardiac region. I did total Blood count test as well and found everything normal except Platelet count as 0000 and Lymphocyte as 3.07 thou/mm3 (ideal range written is 1-3). I went to a doctor and he has written some antibiotics. I am worried because I am a smoker. But I have promised myself that I will stop smoking from now. Can it be a sign of lung infection or Virul infection or Pneumonia? Kindly share. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  555
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, dry cough in a smoker is quite common due to bronchitis, your blood counts are not abnormal. It is good that you have decided to quit smoking, for now it just looks like nothing serious and a course of antibiotics should take care of your infection if any. It could be a viral infection, or just irritation to your bronchus due to the smoking. Doesn't appear to be pneumonia and so relax. If your symptoms do not subside even after this line of treatment then a repeat x-ray may be taken and you can get your sputum analysed for gram staining and cytology for any malignant cells ,for now this treatment is fine, take care.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor