Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Dry blotchy red skin around mouth, chin, spread to lower cheeks. Taken benedryl. Treatment?

hello I woke up three days ago with very dry blotchy red skin around my mouth and chin then the next day it had spread to my lower cheeks then my uper cheek and so on it hurts like a bad sunburn and looks like about as bad iv taken benadrill and iv put moisturizers on but it didnt help I dont know what to do but it hurts very bad and I need to know what to do please help
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there chastity. Red patches such as the ones you described that are painful can have many causes ..bacterial, viral or allergic to name a few. It is highly recommended you see your nearest dermatologist if you find it spreading. In the interim, you can use a mild topical steroid/antibiotic combination, take a course of antibiotics eg amox-clox comination group & an antihistamine from your pharmacist if this is possible. If no respite in 24-48 hrs, back to my 1st suggestion. Get your dermatologist to have a look or photograph your lesions & you may upload them onto this web site & consult me or any dermatologist of your choice privately. Good luck & hope this helps. dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & cosmetologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Sat, 28 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor