Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Dry and scaly lump under ankle. What can it be?

Hi doctor! Im very worried i had this size pea perfect rounded dry scaly kind of lump on my right unckle just under it... I went to my GP and he scared me by saying that he has never seen something like this before and he wants to refere me to a skin specialist as soon as possible!! What can it be its been there for years it does not change not bleed!???
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  132
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Yiota,
Thanks for posting your query.
It seems you have either a bony growth or a cyst at that site.
Due to prolonged contact with shoes or footwear it has started getting scaly.
There are other differential diagnoses like melanoma, metastases, lipoma, neurofibroma etc..
I think you should get examined by an experienced physician and get investigated and treated if indicated.
Hope I have answered your query.
If you have any questions I will be happy to answer.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor