Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Drunk eye, ulcers in mouth, burning mouth and whole intestinal tract post taking Tramidol. Steven's syndrome or allergic reaction?

can one get something called stevens ____ syndrome from medication? took tramidol, --after 30 min. felt like i had drunk lye. ulcers in mouth, horrible burning in and outside of mouth--and whole intestinal tract--for over 13hrs. tongue is bright orange. ER nurse said she believes that is what happened-that i have burns through my body. . i thought was just allergic reaction...
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  331
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hiiii geralynsn

SJS or Steven Johnson Syndrome can occur with theorotically all drugs at any doses. Its a severe form of allergic kind of respose to a foreign agent that has been introduced in our body.

In your case there are two things that I can derive from the history

1. Severe acidity- tramadol is a very strong painkiller and is know to cause severe acidity in some patients that are prone to it. it may be true in your case and if it is then some antacids along with PPI's should help in taking care of the same

2, as the nurse suspected, a SJS. this will need careful monitoring and management by a physician and an urgent consultation is the only way to do it.

hope this helps and u feel better soon.
Answered: Tue, 15 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor