Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Drank prune juice for constipation. Water coming out, motion stuck inside. Can I try miralax?

i think i am constipated again so my mother gave me alot of prune juice and liquids but when i go im not really pooing its just a lot of liquid coming out but the poop is still in there. i missed a day in school and i dont want to miss another. the pain has stoped but im still not pooping . is it okay to try some miralax
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello, phelimam,
It sounds like you have high fecal impaction. That means a portion of
your hard stool is stuck in the colon above the level of anal canal if you
can't feel the stool with a gloved finger. The watery stool passes around
this hard stool and comes out . Miralax can help. Just follow the directions.
The dose is usually a capful of powder mixed with 6-8 oz. of water and
taken daily. When once you start having watery stools , you can cut back
on the dosage or take it on alternate days. Mean time you need to work
on your diet. Whole grain cereal, fresh fruits and vegetables and enough
liquids daily is a must. Make sure that you excercise regularly also.
This should help you.
I wish you well and good luck with your studies.
Answered: Sun, 13 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor