Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Double vision, headache, weakness. Brain scan showed enlarged pituitary. What to do?

Hello there. I need some sound guidance in my health situation. I am a female 50 years old. I have been a farmer, and worked hard all my life. I was always full of energy. Worked like 3 mules. Now I am at a dead halt. I hit a wall. I started to have double vision , severe headaches. I had 2 bad episodes of severe weakness, in which they lasted for a week. I live alone.I drove myself to the emergency center, and almost jumped the curb. They run a blood test, thyroid, urine, and it all checked normal. So i had a family doctor advise a brain scan with and without contrast. It reads on the findings. The anterior pituitary is enlarged to 9x9x9 mm and has a convex superior border that encroaches upon the optic chiasm as it bows into the suprasellar region. The impression states--- Hypertrophy of the anterior pituitary without discrete mass or differential enhancement. Recommend correlation for any endocrine dysfunction.Superior aspect of anterior pituitary shows a convex border that encroaches upon but does not definitively impinge the optic chiasm. Please let me know the best and what type of testing I need to get my life back on track. I am even having trouble concentrating and it is effecting my memory .... Thank-You also if you recommend a top notch endocrinologist in upstate South Carolina would also be helpful.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Neurologist 's  Response
I think you need to get evaluated by a neurologist first. the cause of double vision needs to be confirmed. If you had weakness also, the thing which comes to my mind is myasthenia gravis. In this disease the muscles (including the one needed for moving eyes) become weak and so one starts having double vision. For evaluation tests like repetitive nerve stimulation test etc are required which can be done under neurological supervision only.
good luck.
Answered: Thu, 20 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor