• question-icon

Dot on the corner of lip, itchy, no pain, not acne. Suggestions.

I have this dot on the right up corner of my lip. I believe its a bit raised, but only just. It looks like a continue of my lip (its the colour of my lip) and its just a small dot. Not like theres blood on it or anything. It is a bit itchy sometimes and a bit burny. It has been there for like a week now and it's got a bit redder. I have some similiar to it on the other side, but not on my lip and they are more faded. It doesnt look like acne. Its not painful.
Tue, 7 May 2013
Hi, it seems that you developed angular chelitis. It may be due to riboflavin deficiency,candidal infection, DM,poor nutrition,anaemia, any systemic illness..etc.
Topical antibiotics,antifungal and mild steroid would be helpful. Oral antibiotic, steroid in tappering dose for short period ,oral antifungal, vitamin supplements will improve the disease. And treat the basic disease if it is there.. Ok. Have nutritious food, take proper sleep and avoid stress... Best wishes.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD,DVD