Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Done with semen analysis, can any online doctor help me read the report.

i have semen analysis volume=8 / color=white-gray / PH=7.8 / Liqueficqtion time=20 / viscosity=normal / sperm count/ml=75 multiply by 10^6 / sperm count/total=600 multiply by 10^6 / motality=30% / shaking=5% / GradeI" 20% GradeI 5% / normal morphology=10 / Abnormal morphology=90 / Amorph=63 / double head 2% / Round head=11% / Short tail=8 / Coiled tail=8 / Germinal cell=1-2 .is my semen analysis test is normal or not?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there!
lets talk about your semen ariable by variable
1)volume normal is 1.5 to 5 ml. yours is 8. so good.
2)sperm density is normally minimum 20 million per ml yours is 75 million .. way to go buddy..
3)normal morphology should be more than 60 percent but in your case it is hardly 10 so a problem :(
4)30 % of your boys are active and motile only but it should be minimum 60 % so another problem

So the answer to your question is your semen analysis ok so i am afraid its not.

but that does not mean you cant make use of your these 10 percent normal and 30 percent motile boys of yours to fertilize and conceive, You will have to be extra vigilant and needing external aids to do that considering the tests protocol was followed and done the way it should have been done.

to confirm that repeat the test after avoiding any ejaculation for at least four days and see whether the issue persists or not. if it does you will have to continue further to sort out the reason

1)might be an infection (wbcs in your semen will help)
2)the food for the boys (levels of zinc, citric acid, acid phosphatase, or alpha-glucosidase) might be not enough
3)Do antisperm antibody test
4) Hormonal analysis
5)Transrectal and scrotal ultrasounds and vasographies
6)Sperm functions tests (Capacitation assay
Acrosome reaction assay
Sperm penetration assay
Hypoosmotic swelling test
Inhibin B level
Vitality stains)
7)Testicular biopsy

well i dont mean to burden you with investigations.but start from number one and keep going till seven and stop there where you find out the reason for this.

Mean while Consult a fertility clinic to help you out
here are some tips

1) use the menstrual cycle calender. save your energey for day 13,14,15 and 16 of the last day of menstrual period of your wife

2)use tablet clomid( clomiphene citrate) for your wife to release more than one egg. the more the merrier

3)use pregnancy friendly positions during coitus

4)if these things don't work there are a lot of medical assistance to conceive..

I am sorry to be explanatory for all you asked for was a semen analysis and i speculated the reasons behind. But as a doctor i care for my patient and i want him to know the best extent of his trouble.

Good luck and May you achieve what you need

You can contact me if you need me.

Dr Shafi Ullah Khan
My patient is my family

Answered: Wed, 16 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor