Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Done urine culture. How to administer Levofloxacin and Ofloxacin on baby?

My son of 1yr4mhs was done a Urine culture and Gram negative Bacclus colonies was found,and The following drugs where found resistant Ceftriaxone ,Chloramphenicol, Amoxicillin , penicillin ,doxyciline,Erythromycine But Levofloxacine and Ofloxacine wher found Sensible Now my Question is is there Levofloxacine and/or Ofloxacine in Syrup form.Thus how can i give it to the child of this age.Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Is this urine Infection for the 1st Time, Then its Fine . You can Use Ofloxacin which comes generally as 50mg/5ml as 15mg/kg /Day in 2 Divided doses Minimum for 7 days Then again get urine test doen to rule out eradication of bacteria . However it is suggested that these medications should be taken under pediatrics supervision so that any complication can be monitored appropriately
Warm regrads
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Saurabh Kumar's  Response
Dear parent,
Your son is suffering with urine infection and needs antibiotics for it. Ofloxacine antibiotic comes in a syrup form which is readily available in the market. Please meet a child specialist who can prescribe you this syrup in proper dose.
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor