Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Done total hysterectomy. Swelling in groin. Normal CT and CBC. Which specialist should I see?

I am 36 yr old female. I had a total hysterectomy on 11/1/12. Since 3 weeks post op i have had swelling in my rt groin area. My surgeon has sent me for a us to rule out a dvt= normal, a ct which was normal and cbc which was normal. I have had some pain associated with the swelling at times it hurts to walk both comes ans goes, the swelling is constant. My surgeon is at a loss and is calling it lymphodema, is there a specialist i should see? My surgeon does not know who to send me to. I am very frustrated!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Post hystrectomy swelling in groin with normal ultrasound ,CTscan and CBC is not a serious issue,but since it is giving you pain,it need further evaluation.A second openion from a gynaecologist or a internal medicine specialist should be sort.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor