Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Done surgery for broken spine. How long is the recuperation?

my husband just had a broken spine while lifting 490 lbs as he was trying to put the weights back to the rack the rack collapsed n the weights landed in his back causing him to go into back surgery to put back his spine together (this is my understanding at this point) this just happened yesterday..what are the downside after his surgery? will he b able to do the normal things he used to do? how long is the recuperation? right now all i know i was told he s gonna need alot of physical therapy .
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist, Surgical 's  Response
Hi mam , he had a injury back and was operated. ?Stabilization of spine done for fracture spine.His neurological status and the extent of cord damage decides his recovery.New may need Physio therapy. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Answered: Mon, 5 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor