Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Done semen analysis. Can I have a baby and can morphology be improved?

Hi my wife and I are trying for a baby for six months now. I recently did a semen analysis and the results are below Volume-3.0ml, Viscosity-Moderate, Non-Specific Agglutination 10%, Motility 40%, Progressive-20%, immotile-60%, Sperm Count-60 x 10^6/ml, Abnormal forms-80%. After these results i was asked to do a second SA and the results are below Volume-2.0ml, Viscosity-Low,Liquefaction-Complete, Non-Specific Agglutination 10%, Motility 80%, Progressive-78%, immotile-20%, Sperm Count-8 x 10^6/ml, Abnormal forms-90%.70% morphologically abnormal forms are associated with decreased fertility . So now my GP has asked me to consult a endocrinologist . I want to know if I can have have my own baby and can the morphology be improved? Please let me know your advise is highly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response

According to WHO 2010 criteria, any (normal) morphology above 4% is normal. If your semen analysis was done according to WHO 2010 guidelines, its normal analysis & no need to worry. Just ask your laboratory, what guidelines they have followed in counting morphology.
Answered: Thu, 25 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor