Welcome to HCM
occurs due to abnormal electrical discharge from brain areas. Most of the times in epilepsy MRI
report comes norma. MRI is advised only to rule of any serious pathological cause of seizures. Even in idiopathic seizures EEG comes normal during inter episode time. Eptoin
is phenatoin and is a broad spectrum anti epileptic drug. It is a nice drug and it can control seizures effectively. Apart from taking drugs please follow following advise-
- Never miss a dose of drug, if you miss a dose by chance then take it as soon as you remember missing it.
- Fix a time for food, sleep.
- Don't remain awake in late night.
- Don't watch television from close distance, avoid bright lights in night.
- Avoid loud DJ sounds.
- For some time avoid driving alone.
- Usually if you will remain seizure free on drugs for at least 3 years then gradual tapering of dose can be think of.