Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Done mammography. Have pain at scar after microabscess operation. Please advise

hi i am 30 yr old female. i had an operation of microabcessses 9months ago.biposy report showed i a taking medicine for the same.currently i am having AKT-3.but i feel a severe pain at point of scar .i consulted my surgeon.he said it is because of the tuberculosis it will take time to heal the wound .also i have anemia as well the pain will go with time.but there is not improvement.then i again consulted the doc and i was to have mammography done the reports showed some collection and report mentioned below statement, 1)focal area of enhancement in right anterior chest wall with conglomerate microabsecess in scar tissue and adjoining underlying pectoralis muscle representing scar granuloma intrathoracicextrapleural collection or extension involvemnent of right breast parenchyma is seen. 2)focal area segmental heterogenous enhancement in upper innner and outer quadrants at1 O clock position and 11-12 O clock positiond of the right breast showing type -1 enhancement knetics suggestive of focal fibroadenosis(BIRADS-3) After seeing above report my doc asked me to go for FNAC and the cytology report said as below material-guided FNAC -scar line,anetrior chest wall microscopic examination- smears are predominantly hemorrhagic impression- wall- INCONCLUSIVE after seeing the report my doc says it is nothing serious and advise me to reveiw after 3 months. but i am still facing the problem of that sharp pain in my breast. please advise if everything is really okand suggest the next step
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
hello namratha,
According the report given by you, you are having chest wall microabscess as well as fibroadenosis.
Microabscess can be related to tuberculosis. Fibroadenosis is a benign condition and is common to occur in reproductive age group. You are advised to visit your surgeon for regular follow ups and take the TB medicines regularly.
All the best
Answered: Wed, 21 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor